Trash and recycling collection services are delivered to Fairway Oaks residents by the City of Winter Springs Utilities. Currently, those services are contracted by the city to Waste Management Company.
Waste and recycling containers should be placed at the end of your driveway, beginning at 6 AM on the day of collection but no later than 7 AM to ensure pickup. We ask that trash not be placed street side more than 24 hours prior to a scheduled pickup.
- Household garbage is collected twice weekly on Tuesday and Friday.
- Household recycling is collected once a week on Tuesday.
- Yard waste is collected once a week on Wednesday.
- Household rubbish and appliances will be picked up as long as it is not debris generated by a commercial enterprise, that it taken to the curb side, and that it does not take more than 15 minutes to be picked up by crews. Please place bulk items out on the second pickup day (such as sofas, mattresses, etc.). Please call Waste Pro at 407-774-0800 to schedule white good removal (such as washers, dryers, etc.)
- Special Pickup Service Offered. In addition to regular solid waste pickup service, residents can purchase special pickup service, at an additional cost, for extraordinary amounts of household rubble, furniture, and plant material. As a result of this service, residents will no longer have the burden of transporting household debris to the County Transfer Station. Extraordinary items include tree trunks and limbs over five feet in length and 50 pounds in weight and piles of debris that require special equipment.A request to schedule the collection of bulk items may be made using the Request form, or by contacting the City of Winter Springs at 407-327-2669.A replacement garbage cart may be requested using the Request form, or by contacting the City of Winter Springs at 407-327-2669.